Our Hints & Tips:
- Remove all packaging
- Cut all stems at a 45-degree angle to ensure maximum water absorption
- Place florals in a fresh cold-water vase and add the flower food provided
- Change water frequently, and recut the stems around 1” at a 45-degree angle to prolong longevity
- Keep florals out of direct sunlight
- Keep florals away from radiators and direct heat. Florals will be happy stored in a cool, shaded environment.
- Roses and Hydrangea can be temperamental at times, and may wilt due to change in temperatures, if this does happen; remove the wilted stems, recut around 1” and place them in a plastic container with hot boiled water for around 1 hour. Recut the stems and plunge them back into your fresh cold-water vase you’re your remaining florals and watch them bloom beautifully.
- Roses come with guard petals for protection during transportation, please remove these to enhance full bloom.
- Roses love fresh water – ensure to change water regularly.
- Lilies contain pollen, when lilies open and pollen is visible remove before it ripens to protect staining of any fabric, clothing or furniture. Pollen can be removed with a dry sponge.
- Roses have natural guard petals for protection. Remove the outer petals to encourage bloom. Roses love fresh water – ensure to change water regularly.
- Hydrangea are delightfully delicate, and can sometimes be temperamental with fluctuating temperatures (going from cold transportation to a warm cosy home). Re-cut the stems at an angle with secateurs (recommended), adding the floral food provided following your care card instructions.
- Cut orchids like cool water however, they should not be kept below room temperatures of 10 degrees. Re-cut the stems at an angle following your care card provided. Gently mist over orchid heads with water every few days.
Amaryllis / Gladioli
- Amaryllis will be delivered fresh and can be closed in bud. These will open over a few days, and bloom can be encouraged by lukewarm water & natural light. Re-cut stems at an angle, and add floral food following your care card provided. Make sure stems are in shallow water and not deep water which can cause stems to rot. Remember to keep topping up with small amounts of water (shallow) as these blooms can be fairly thirsty!
Lilies / Calla / Gerbera
- Re-cut stems at an angle, and add floral food following your care card provided. Make sure stems are in shallow water and not deep water which can cause stems to rot. Remember to keep topping up with small amounts of water (shallow) as these blooms can be fairly thirsty!
- Delightful tulip stems have tendency to bend and droop naturally. They also grow in height, so please make sure you have them displayed in a vase with sufficient support. Follow your instructions within the care card provided.
For any further queries please contact our team directly via email; firstname.lastname@example.org